Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Animal Cruelty - follow-up

Just heard back from the vet: the cat is going to be just fine. They opened the wound and cleaned it nicely. He will be coming back this afternoon. I am not sure about his mobility as yet... will just have to wait and see.

That is the good news.

Today my anger has abated a little. What is left a big disappointment in my fellow-man. The person that did this is also breaking the law can be fined up to R2000 or 1 year in prison. I will open a case with the police in order to have this on record if this happens to someone else's animals as well.

I am also thinking of putting up a couple of posters around our area. Maybe this person will see it and come clean? Perhaps my trust in other people might be restored a little after that... but I am not betting money on it!

No comments: